[Israel.pm] Thread-safe module

Shmuel Fomberg semuelf at 012.net.il
Sun Jan 27 11:46:26 PST 2008

Hi All.

I saw that the current recommendation in making modules thread-safe, is to
make two versions of the module. Then the main module-loader should test for
$Config{useithreads}, and 'require' the correct version. (see perlthrtut)

To me, this is an admittance of failure. The threading architecture is not
backward compatible as it was hoped to be. So what are we expected to do
now, duplicate CPAN? Have one thread-CPAN and one regular?

The whole model should be scrapped and replaced.

This is just sad.

Shmuel.