[Israel.pm] vi tricks for the Perl developers

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:19:09 PST 2008

Here are some of my tricks (taken from my vimrc). Please note that
some of it will work with vim (that is the incompatible vi mode):

" for Perl programming, have things in braces indenting themselves:
autocmd FileType perl set smartindent
autocmd FileType perl set isk+=_,$,@,%,#,- " none of these should be
word dividers, so make them not as part of a word
autocmd FileType perl setlocal include=\\<\\(use\\\|require\\)\\>

" Not a perl related but do help even in perl :)
au BufRead *.* :source $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/man.vim

"Read pdf file inside vim
autocmd BufReadPost *.pdf %!pdftotext -nopgbrk "%" - |fmt -csw78

set ignorecase      " don't care about the case of the search ...
set smartcase       " ignore ignorecase when pattern contains uppercase

Enjoy,
Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/