[Israel.pm] Pet Peeve

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Mon Jan 21 07:43:01 PST 2008

Because chomp operates on whatever the input record separator is, so
that it does the right thing when you do perl -Osomething_else.

Unfortunately, $/ doesn't take a regexp, so you can't say "local $/ =
qr/\r?\n/" or something like that. This is where the funny comment
about awk is in perlvar.

Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/