[Israel.pm] Language evolution

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 23:24:13 PST 2008

Hi,

Well it's too generallizing to say that... Sorry to get into that
*again*. But C and C based languages such as C++ and even Java are
doomed, because they where created to solve specific issues, and while
some of them are used today for "general' development, they are not so
general after all.

The programming language I really love (while I do program in many
other programming languages, and the only other language I really love
to program with is Perl) is Object Pascal.It continue to grow and
expand and tuch new areas. I have a very low level way of doing
things, for example making memory management by myself, and I also
have ways to avoid it as much as possible. And Pascal arrived prior to
C. and the first OS that was written with it was 1BSD .

Some of the features in the Object Oriented level of the languages
exists only in few minor languages that all of them (except Object
Pascal) are dynamic languages... Such as "class of className" that the
only other programming language that some of us know that support it
is Python ...

All the "new" programming languages that try to expand, return to the
way that the Pascal language implement things...
The last update made to the language (that still continues it's
evolution) is the way of implementing generics in the way of Pascal.

So it seems that many of the languages that are being *marketed* as
the great languages, end up dead from features when trying to grow
(Just something to think about, when people try to declare that also
Perl is dead :)).

Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/