[Israel.pm] annoying bugs

Avishalom Shalit avishalom at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 02:15:12 PST 2008

i think that the hardest point for perl beginners, even if they are
knowledgeable in other languages is indeed the context.
i.e. what is the value of an expression in scalar context versus in
list context. how to set the context to be the desired one. it is an
implicit feature that makes the language more compact, but harder to
understand unless you are explicitly aware of it .

2008/12/28 Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com>:
> As I am teaching I see beginners make lots of annoying mistakes that
> perl does not catch
> and is hard to explain.
> Eg.  What does the following code do and why?
>
> Gabor
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
>
> my @argv = ("abcdXezXq");