[Israel.pm] OT: Hebrew Enabled or plain English Windows - Padre 0.22 released

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 02:16:19 PST 2008

hi,

we have just released Padre 0.22 that can already syntax highlight
and syntax check Perl6 code via the Padre::Plugin::Perl6 plugin.
It can also provide localized versions of the perl error messages
and warnings in French. If someone would want to help out
with some Hebrew translations that would be awesome.

Just let me know, I'll point you in the right direction.

One of the biggest problems we have currently is that of Encoding.
One of the issues  http://padre.perlide.org/ticket/187
reported by Michael Gang happens on Hebrew Enabled Windows.
(I think he is on our list as well)

I use Ubuntu and the Windows I have is running in a VirtualBox and
it is plain US Windows.

My questions is if anyone knows if the Hebrew enabled Windows is
really different
or if I can go back and forth between the Hebrew and English versions?

At one of my clients I saw Windows XP machines that had their UI in English
but apparently  they had Hebrew Enabled there as Padre automatically
came up in Hebrew.
So I wonder if there are 3 versions
1) Normal English
2) Hebrew enabled (English UI but with some extra Hebrew capabilities)
3) Fully Hebrew.

What is the difference between them?
Can I  switch between them or do I need to have separate installations?
How can I do that?

regards