[Israel.pm] Padre 0.05 released

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 02:26:29 PDT 2008

Every language that requires IDE in order to program it in an
efficiently way is a bad programming language.
However a Perl IDE is a good idea to ease the development of Perl and
even tidies work a very easy one.

99% of the times I use vim as my main development environment. I
haven't had the time to check the IDE, but if it contains even a bit
of the things, and I find it useful, I might start using it :)

BTW, the things I'm looking for at IDE (for dynamic languages at
least) is the simplicity for doing tasks, the ability to do remote
editing (that's one of my main uses of VIM for example), the ability
to expand things, for example "teach" it to support specific
technology (or set of modules) in Perl, so for example if I'll AGI or
AMI (when I develop Asterisk applications) it will help me achieve a
better development.
If I forget to place "1" at the end of a module (and almost always I
do :( ), it should report me (or ask me if I want to add it). The
ability to evaluate code when writing (for testing that is). Templates
for predefined tasks like creating daemons for example, the beginning
of a module structure etc..

As I said, it have a support to edit a remote file and a good syntax
highlight it's good enough :) The rest are only make it much better.

Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/