[Israel.pm] bless and AUTOLOAD

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Wed Sep 26 15:05:37 PDT 2007

On 26 Sep 2007 11:52:48 +0200, Yuval Kogman wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 06:22:51 +0200, Yona Shlomo wrote:
>
> > This actually defines the subs automatically in the BEGIN block.
> >
> > Now the question is what is more ugly: to use AUTOLOAD or to use this.
>
> It is common practice to mix them actually ;-)

Yup. Personally I use all three techniques mentioned in this thread
(AUTOLOAD; auto-creating the package functions in BEGIN; importing
certain functions/methods using another module) and each has its own
advantages depending on the needs.

I also agree with Yuval that the use of AUTOLOAD may be limited to the
cases when coding the dispatcher can't be avoided. It is just that there
are more such cases than he seems to suggest. See my other message. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.