[Israel.pm] תשובה: Perl Workshop in Israel, 2007

Yaron Golan yargolan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:56:38 PDT 2007

I vote for the airport city!
15 minutes from home ...

YG

-----הודעה מקורית-----
מאת: perl-bounces at perl.org.il [mailto:perl-bounces at perl.org.il] בשם Gabor
Szabo
נשלח: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 23:25
אל: Perl in Israel; news at perl.org.il; jerusalem at perl.org.il
נושא: [Israel.pm] Perl Workshop in Israel, 2007

Hi,

I am happy to announce that we are going to have a Perl Workshop in Israel
still this year!

In order to give you the most time to prepare for it, it is scheduled to be
on 31st December, 2007.

It is going to be a one day workshop with either one or two rooms.
I am not sure yet.
We are going to have talks (if you submit them), we plan to have job fair
during the day we'll allocate time for BOFs and project showcases and I
would be glad to receive ideas for other things to do.

The exact location is not final yet. We have reserved place in both Ramat
Efal and in Airport City but I'll consider other options as well if someone
helps me arrange the place.

The conference is managed using Act, the tool used by the YAPCs and the
various Perl Workshops throughout Europe and the US.
You can already register on the web site:

http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2007/

Cost is not finalized yet, it will also depend on the sponsors we can
attract.
Speakers can get in free of charge.

So go ahead, register on the web site or if you already have an account,
join this conference as well.

The first dead-line for talk submission is 7th October. If we have enough
good talks by that time we'll announce the schedule without waiting for
others to submit their talks.
The real dead-line is 19th October but I really hope we can do it earlier.
Remember, you only need to decide on the talk(s) and write an abstract in
order to submit the proposal.
You will need to write the talk only if is accepted.

regards and Shana Tova

Gabor Szabo
http://www.szabgab.com/
Perl Training in Israel  http://www.pti.co.il/