[Israel.pm] Why am I not printing getting results? What am Imissing

Levenglick Dov-RM07994 dov at freescale.com
Tue Sep 18 05:21:00 PDT 2007

This worked. Why can't I eliminate the $tmp in the subroutine?

use strict;
use warnings;

use Net::Ping;
use threads;

my $num_pings = 10;
my $host = "223.31.95.254";
my $errors = 0;

map {threads->create(\&single_ping, $host)} (1..$num_pings);
map {$errors++ unless $_->join()} (threads->list());
exit $errors;

sub single_ping
{
	my $p = Net::Ping->new();
	my $tmp = $p->ping(shift);
	return $tmp;
}

Best Regards,
Dov Levenglick
SmartDSP OS Development Team,
DevTech, Technology and System Organization
Freescale Semiconductor Israel
Tel. +972-9-952-2804
[ ] Freescale General Business Information
[ ] Freescale Internal Use Only
[ ] Freescale Confidential Proprietary
[x] Personal Memorandum