[Israel.pm] unreferenced scalar

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 01:59:57 PDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why-o-why when I remove the two comments on the two
> SvREFCNT_dec, I get two matching error messages:
> Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x0....

You get the errors because the values are already destroyed before
SvREFCNT_dec tries to decrement their reference count.
Of course that doesn't really answer your question, just raises the
question of why they are already destroyed... :)
Have you tried:

if (sv_name != NULL)

What does that give?

Also consider perlmonks or p5p if no one on this list answers, you'll
probably find more XS experts there...

Offer Kaye