[Israel.pm] errors and warnings in Perl

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:24:21 PDT 2007

> So my grand advancement of the universe and world peace is to get
> diagnostics print:
> 'You used either "use strict" or "use strict vars"....'
>
> not much, I know, but I now I have my name in the Perl source code.

Congrats.

I very often have ideas for little fixes in big Free Software projects
such as Mozilla, Eclipse or Perl, but too often the actual work of
setting up the development environment, finding the file to fix and
submitting the patch seems cumbersome.

I succeeded at submitting several little patches to Parrot and Pugs
(yay!), but i got the impression that these projects are *extremely*
welcoming, much more than the average Open Source project (which is
good if you ask me).

I understand that your fix will go into Perl 5.9/5.10. Can you share a
bit of your experiences with setting up the development environment
and submitting the patch? Also, can we see this diff anywhere?

Thanks!