[Israel.pm] Perl and Hebrew

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 02:23:43 PDT 2007

On 05/09/07, Yona Shlomo <yona at cs.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> Editing text files in various encodings is easy if you're
> using vim/emacs or other text editors that are unicode and
> encoding aware such as yudit (there are plenty others, I'm
> sure).

As sad as it is for me to say this, Windows' Notepad is the most
stable and simple editor for multilingual text, including rather good
support for bidi. Notice, that i say stable and simple; given
Microsoft's spotty track record with standards support, i am not 100%
sure that it perfectly adheres to the Unicode standards.

And of course, Notepad badly sucks in everything else.

If you don't mind that in some cases right and left arrow keys will do
the opposite thing, then the best option i can offer on Windows is
Notepad++.