[Israel.pm] תשובה: errors and warnings in Perl

Yaron Golan yargolan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 12:44:33 PDT 2007

Good thing to do.
YG

-----הודעה מקורית-----
מאת: perl-bounces at perl.org.il [mailto:perl-bounces at perl.org.il] בשם Gabor
Szabo
נשלח: Sunday, September 02, 2007 17:07
אל: Perl in Israel
נושא: [Israel.pm] errors and warnings in Perl

Hi,

In my classes I frequently notice that people don't understand the error
messages or warnings perl gives them. I suggest to

use diagnostics;

but in many cases this is not clear either.

So I decided to start patching the diagnostics. We cannot change the actual
error messages as there is production code out there relying on the actual
messages.

So if any of you have a favorite non-clear error message in perl, it would
be great sharing them with me now so I can send patches and get if fixed in
5.10

regards

Gabor Szabo
http://www.szabgab.com/