[Israel.pm] Inline::C question

Thomas Maier hayzer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:22:19 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've the follow problem with Inline::CPP.
The code is quite simple:

######## Test.pl #########
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use Inline CPP => <<'END_CPP';
#include "testHelp.hxx"

void send_message()
{
     /* Test mb_create */
     mb_handle_t mbh;
     if(mb_create(&mbh) != MB_ERR_OK);
     {
         printf("failed to create the message");
     }
}
END_CPP
send_message;
############ End ################

As result of executing this script I get the follow error:
"/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup
error:/home/thomas/test/_Inline/lib/auto/Test_pl_e162/Test_pl_e162.so:
undefined symbol: mb_create"

I've been told that library called /home/thomas/lib/libTest.so suppose
to include the
missing symbol so I've tried (without success of course) the following
solutions:

1. Add /home/thomas/lib to LD_RUN_PATH and/or to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
2. Copy the libTest.so to the /home/thomas/test, where the Test.pl is placed
3. Add the libTest.so to the /home/thomas/test/_Inline/lib/auto/Test_pl_e162
4. Add  GLOBAL_LOAD option pointing to the library path/file in the Test.pl

Thanky you in advance for a fast,clean,simple and good looking solution.
I'm counting on you.
I'm desperate.
Thomas