[Israel.pm] Perl Workshop help needed in PR

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 01:47:15 PDT 2007

Hi Erez,

sorry, your mail was caught by the spam filter of the list and then I
have forgotten about it.

I'd really appreciate if you helped spreading the word about the workshop
and the hackathon.

On the wiki: http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2007/wiki
Shlomi added a few links with publicity materials, but of course those could
be added to the wiki itself as well.

I like to keep links to the places (to the exact posts) where we announce the
workshop both in order to increase linking and to make it easier for next time
to know where to post. So please go over the suggested places and write
about the workshop.

BTW via LinkedIn I asked people how to promote the Perl Workshop.
I am not sure if you can see this, but the question and some of
the responses are here:
http://www.linkedin.com/answers/technology/software-development/TCH_SFT/108933-82476

The question is how to promote the Workshop outside our community?
how to reach the masses of IT, QA and other people who might use Perl
as a tool but are not on our mailing list nor on other open source
mailing lists?

Gabor

On 9/23/07, Erez Schatz <moonbuzz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gabor Szabo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need your help in various aspects of the workshop.
> > One of them is to get the word out.
> > I have announced the workshop in several places and listed them on the
> > wiki here:
> > http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2007/wiki?node=PublicRelations
> >
> > I need the one or two volunteers who will be the PR people of the workshop
> > who can send announcements to various mailing lists and submit the
> > news to web sites.
> >
> > Who volunteers?
> >

> I'd be happy to assist.
>

> --
> Erez
>
> Larry's First Law of Language Redesign: Everyone wants the colon.

Gabor Szabo
http://www.szabgab.com/
Perl Training in Israel  http://www.pti.co.il/