[Israel.pm] finding text

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Oct 9 04:04:25 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Ernst, Yehuda wrote:
> Hello!
> I want to extract sub text from string

Is "sub text" substring? Is it substrings?

> i used (@link) = $page =~ m| href= (.*?) |g;
> this will give me all the href with space before and after.

Well, it is generally a better idea to use an HTML parser to process HTML
instead of regular expressions:

<perlbot>       don't parse html with regular expressions! See HTML::Parser,
and its subclasses: HTML::TokeParser, HTML::TokeParser::Simple,
HTML::TreeBuilder, HTML::TableExtract, etc. See also

> what is i want the href with space before but i want all of them the have
> space after but also > after?

I don't understand this sentence. You can put a ">" by writing ">" inside the

	Shlomi Fish