[Israel.pm] CPAN::Forum tagging bounty

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Oct 9 03:45:07 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You might know that I have added tagging capability to CPAN::Forum
> so users can add tags to any of the CPAN modules.
>
> http://www.cpanforum.com/tags/
>
> The data is exported in several formats
> (see  http://www.cpanforum.com/faq/#data )
> and can be used in search engines or other tools to help people locate
> CPAN modules.
>
> Unfortunately so far there was not much action and without several thousand
> tags it is not useful.
>
> So I am offering a bounty for tags.
>
> On the next Perl mongers meeting I'll hand out T-shirts to the top 3
> taggers who have created at least 200 tags on at least 50 modules. [1]

Eager to get the T-shirt, I have added 207 tags already. However, I presume
that the number of modules I tagged is less than 50. But how do I tell?

http://www.cpanforum.com/stats/ shows the number of tags, not the number of
modules.

http://www.cpanforum.com/tags/user/shlomif doesn't show the number of modules.

I hope it's not too late to get the T-shirt, and I'd like to be enlightened on
this issue.

P.S: I initially thought that all I need to do was to add 200 tags, so now I'm
a bit disappointed, because I need to tag 50 modules. And I daresay tagging
is, while fun, kind-of time-consuming.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

    -- An Israeli Linuxer