[Israel.pm] Where is the Perl Buzz?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Oct 2 13:01:40 PDT 2007

Hi all!

There is an interesting discussion about Perl here:

http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?joel.3.546349.20

Quoting it:

<<<<<<<<<
For some reasons there are lots of buzz about Ruby, Javascript, Python but not
too much about Perl. Why is that? What makes Perl less trendy than those
languages?

As some people note, Perl is not as new as these languages are, and so has
become less trendy and more "well-established". There are other comments too.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

    -- An Israeli Linuxer