[Israel.pm] Regex that matches a C-style function definition.

Shmuel Fomberg semuelf at 012.net.il
Sun Nov 11 10:47:01 PST 2007

Hello There.

You might look at Regexp::Common for help, it has an ability to match
balanced parentheses.
But I suspect that it will be easily confused by comments and strings inside
the C code. For example:
void f() {
   /*  {  */
   print "xyz { xyz \n";
}

So I can only recommend a do-it-yourself. Parse the file char by char, and a
simple state machine can solve your problem.

Shmuel.