[Israel.pm] XML processors used in web applications and web servers

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Thu Nov 1 13:14:23 PDT 2007

There are a few choices for Perl. I'd say stay away from XML::Simple
for massive stuff (it may be just fine if your config file happens to
be in XML). XML::LibXML is a production grade binding to the excellent
(and fast) libxml2 c library: it's featureful and reliable. The only
downside is that it may be a little tricky to install on some systems.

XML::Twig is decent. It's kinda weird to use, and the docs may be out
of date. IIRC Audrey recommends to read the tutorial on xmltwig.org
first. The same Audrey wrote the delightful and crazy XML::All, which
you totally should not use for production but which is really great to
contemplate.

I haven't done XML in Perl for a year now so there may be newer stuff.

Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/