[Israel.pm] Cross platform packaging using perl packager.

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Sun Mar 4 02:20:14 PST 2007

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 12:00:08PM +0200, Erez David wrote:
> I need to be able to pack a Perl script + its used modules (externals
> + internals) so it would work on any machine from any arch with only
> pure Perl installed on it...
>
> I don't need executable... just the Perl modules... the main problem
> off course is with external modules which I can not tell whether they
> are installed or not on the other machine...
>
> I have tried the pp tool from perl::packager with the --multiarch
> option and it didn't worked for me. (seems like you need to have PAR
> installed on the remote machine according to the tutorial....)

The magic of PAR works thanks to the fact that you can prepend whatever
you like to a ZIP file. pp puts some kind of loader for you, you just
have to pick the right one.

Since you can assume perl but nothing else, sounds like the loader you
need is the kind generated with the -P option to pp.

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/