[Israel.pm] Convert MS-Word to Wiki markup with Perl

Ran Eilam ran.eilam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:12:10 PDT 2007

On 6/25/07, oren maurer <meorero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Perl module that can convert MS-Word documents
> to Wiki markup? (I mainly mean - MediaWiki )

Crazy idea, but why not Save As HTML (perhaps with some Perl driven
OLE automation), shake violently with HTML::Tidy -bare -xhtml,
sanitize with XML::Twig to scrub away the span/font/width/margin/muck
(i.e. almost everything), sprint to HTML, and finally squeeze through

>  #  Please avoid sending me Word |
>  #   or PowerPoint attachments

But with this tool you could convert them to MediaWiki syntax! ;)

 Ran Eilam ran.eilam at gmail.com