[Israel.pm] Making A CPAN module

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:22:16 PDT 2007

Why not take a look at an existing module and how is it done there?
Most of the things you mentioned are automated so you only need
to describe a few things.

BTW Personally I prefer to  write Build.PL files ( Module::Build )
and then generate the Makefile.PL files automatically.

You can take a look at one of my modules e.g here
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Pipe/
though this one does not have any compilations.

and here is another module (of Graham Barr ) with some XS foo
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Scalar-List-Utils/

Gabor

On 6/24/07, Shmuel Fomberg <semuelf at 012.net.il> wrote:
> Hello There.
>
> I want to put a module on CPAN. Is there anything special that I need to
> know?
>
> I am having problem writing the Makefile.pl. my makefile should do the
> following things:
> - on make:
> build a dll/so
> - on make test
> run the scripts that are in ./t
> - on make install
> copy the dll/so to a certain directory. (that I can detect in the
> Makefile.pl)
> copy the pm file to the site/lib
> make the doc (pod) file (?)
>
> Can anyone help? I have zero experience in that.
>
> Shmuel.

Gabor Szabo
http://www.szabgab.com/
Perl Training in Israel  http://www.pti.co.il/