[Israel.pm] Hebrew recoding (was: No subject)

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun Jun 17 06:35:47 PDT 2007

Hello,

I would suggest the following steps:

1. Make sure that you have a fairly updated version of Perl, which has
the Encode module. In other words,

perl -e "use Encode;"

should do nothing (in particular, not complain that the module wasn't found)

2. Decide what you want to do: What the source coding is (UTF-8?) and
the destination (windows-1255?)

3. Do "man Encode" to read the manual page for the module. It pretty
much explains everything.

Good luck,
    Eli

--