[Israel.pm] (no subject)

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 03:54:18 PDT 2007

On 17/06/07, Ernst, Yehuda <yernst at nds.com> wrote:>> Hello!>> I have a text in Unicode like this> ×-×¥ ×"×(c)רון>> how do i convert it to Hebrew ASCII (string) so i can pass it as a parameter in my perl code?
Usually Perl prefers Unicode (except if it's a very old version of Perl.)
Do you want to use Perl to do the conversion or can you use something else?
For simple Unicode conversion i usually just use a web browser. I putthe string in a text file, open it in a web browser (Internet Explorerand Mozilla are both OK), and then i change the encoding and copy thefile wherever i want.
It usually works for simple one-time tasks. If you need something moreautomatic, please describe your situation in more detail. Where areyou running the Perl program (Unix, Linux, Windows)? Do you pass it asa parameter through the command line or do you read the string from afile?