[Israel.pm] looking for wput or upmirror

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sun Jun 3 09:36:39 PDT 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> As I think I already mentioned
> I am trying to put together CPAN smoking on a bunch of HP machines. See
> td140.testdrive.hp.com
>
> For this I am looking for a tool that can mirror a directory structure
> *to* an ftp server.
> (the opposite of wget).
> I found something called wput but it crashed on me.
> Does anyone know any command line too doing this?

There's ncftpput:

http://www.ncftp.com/

It's GPLed.

There's also curl and libcurl:

http://curl.haxx.se/

And then there's lftp:

http://lftp.yar.ru/

And naturally, there's the Perl Net::FTP module, which you can hack something
with it.

See also:

http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?joel.3.122384.2

> Will someone write me one?

If none of these work for you, then I am willing to be contracted to do it,
for a good pay. I will optionally transfer ownership of the code to you and
guarantee I'll maintain it into the future. Plus, it will be preferable if I
release it to the public under the MIT X11 licence.

Note that I'm not going to work on it for free, because this project does not
interest me. A lot of people try to interest me in important FOSS projects,
and while I agree they are important, I follow my own interests. If I am to
receive payment, then naturally, my priorities can change - I am a geek for
hire after all.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

    -- An Israeli Linuxer