[Israel.pm] Position at F5 Networks: Software Engineer -- XML

Yona Shlomo yona at cs.technion.ac.il
Sat Jun 2 10:48:19 PDT 2007

Hello,

My team at F5 Networks is growing. We need more people.
Following is the job description. If you qualify and if you
want to ask me questions, please email me at s.yona at f5.com

You can learn about F5 Networks at http://www.f5.com/

You can read about the application security firewall that we
develop here in Tel-Aviv at
http://www.f5.com/products/bigip/modules/asm_mod.html

Here is the job description quote:

---BEGIN QUOTE---

Job Description: Software Engineer -- XML

Position Summary

Software development, in the Text Processing team, to
implement high performance XML functionality. Tasks include
design development integration and maintenance. The
developer will be part of a team developing XML security
capabilities for our application firewall solution.
Development will be done in C.

Responsibilities

     * Software design, implementation and integration.
     * Interaction with QA to assure test coverage.
     * Supporting changes and fixes to the software.

Qualifications

     * Strong programming skills and a 3+ years of experience programming in C/C++
     * Understanding of data structures and algorithms
     * Affinity for unit testing, test-driven development
     * Ability and desire to automate tasks using Perl
     * Experience using advanced development tools, debuggers, profilers (e.g. Purify, Quantify, VTune, Valgrind)

Would be considered as an advantage
     * Knowledge of core XML standards and technologies and developing "XML stack"
     * Familiarity with Web Services and related standards
     * Familiarity and or experience in parser and/or compiler development
     * Familiarity and or experience in security, in particular Web based security is a plus.
     * Experience in networking, internet protocols, HTTP, TCP/IP, HTML

Our Employees

Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented,
innovative in their approach and passionate about their
work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high
level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and
are committed to a global mindset.

Location: Ramat Hachayal, Tel Aviv.

---END QUOTE---

Although we ask different questions all the time, you can
still get an idea about the type of technical questions we
ask during the first interview in some of the postings in my
blog, for example:
http://shlomoyona.blogspot.com/2007/04/interview-questions-for-developers.html
Oh... and a few words on interviews, CVs and integrity:
http://shlomoyona.blogspot.com/2007/03/interviews-cvs-and-integrity.html

--
Shlomo Yona
yona at cs.technion.ac.il