[Israel.pm] June's Meeting -- Talks Needed!

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Jun 1 09:57:36 PDT 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> On 6/1/07, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il> wrote:
> > And it's easier for *me* to attend the meetings if they are held in TAU,
> > since I live near TAU. And so it is for most people who don't work at F5,
> > because TAU is much more accessible. And I think one can pool cars from
> > F5 there and park them in one of the parking lots. We'll also have a
> > bigger room.
> >
> > I think we should look at the bigger picture rather than on our own
> > selfish motives.
>
> I would like to remind everyone that the original name of the Perl mongers
> group is Modiin.pm
>
> So I unanimously decided that the meetings from now on will be held in
> Modiin. It is the most convenient place for *me*.
> Everyone is invited. You can carpool and we also have a train station a few
> minutes from the meeting place. (The train does not work yet, but never
> mind). The good new is that you have plenty of parking places for the
> carpool.
>
> Dates will be announced later.
>
> Shlomo, if you are so unconsiderate that you keep organizing the Israel.pm
> meetings in F5 I will only attend when I feel like it.

Heh heh. :-)

szabgab++

This would make a nice fortune if only it were more self-contained. Still, I
enjoyed it.

I sure hope Shlomo is not offended. He and the other F5'ers have done a good
service hosting us over at F5, and I highly appreciate it. So thanks to F5
and F5++ as well. I just think that the F5 location is inferior to TAU.

In any case, like I noted, since Eddie told me he'd rather see an OSDClub
rather than a Perl-IL group, then we should try to aim for more universal
themes. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any presentations about Perl, but:

1. They should probably cover their implication to other non-Perl languages,
or be of interest to non-Perlers.

2. They should cover things that are not-necessarily Perl-related. Examples
are foreign and exotic languages (we still owe ourselves a presentation about
Scheme or C), general concepts and paradigms, etc.

> Gabor
> Modiin.pm

Shlomi Fish
RamatAvivGimel.pm (expect the T.V. show soon)

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

    -- An Israeli Linuxer