[Israel.pm] June's Meeting -- Talks Needed!

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Jun 1 01:19:45 PDT 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007, Yona Shlomo wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > It's hard for me to tell you what the expectations of the crowd would be,
> > but it would be useful to actually teach something and show some examples
> > more than have a motivation talk.
>
> In order to actually teach any of them I'll need more than
> 60-90 minutes :-)

I see. Well, giving some examples with a brief explanation may still be a good
idea. Show us the goods.

> > TAU is more accessible than F5 with much better public transportation and
> > lots of parking. I still think it's a good idea to keep this mailing list
> > and the Telux mailing list as separate entities, but I think that having
> > OSDClub+Telux+Perl-IL under one umbrella would be a good idea.
> >
> > So what do you say?
>
> It's easier for me to attend the meetings if they are held
> in F5... :-)

And it's easier for *me* to attend the meetings if they are held in TAU, since
I live near TAU. And so it is for most people who don't work at F5, because
TAU is much more accessible. And I think one can pool cars from F5 there and
park them in one of the parking lots. We'll also have a bigger room.

I think we should look at the bigger picture rather than on our own selfish
motives.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

    -- An Israeli Linuxer