[Israel.pm] [off topic] Outsourcing Companies

Shmuel Fomberg semuelf at 012.net.il
Sun Jul 29 13:02:10 PDT 2007

Hello There.

After I was (finally) released from the army, I started to work for
Qualcomm thru an outsourcing company.
My own experience was not totally bad, (I had to work on the contract to
make it normal, and a little negotiating) but combining it with stories
of others in the company, I come to see these outsourcing companies as
the root of all evil.
(Yes, I always see the world in black and white)
But when I talked with someone that I know that work in Elbit, (thru the
same company) he told me that actually his work conditions are better
then Elbit's own employees.
(I hate it when my world view turns to black-on-black)

The rational behind the root-of-evil thought is that the outsourcing
company actually doesn't care about the employee. It's the client
company's concern. They (should) care about how motivated the person is.
The outsourcing company just cut as much as it can from the deal.
On the other hand, greed is universal.

Your opinion?

Shmuel.