[Israel.pm] file upload succeed on FF and failed on IE

Sagiv Barhoom sagivba at 012.net.il
Wed Jul 25 13:17:54 PDT 2007

hi again
The problem was solved:
one of the hidden parameters was not defined.
I fixed the code as Shlomi suggested, and tried to run it and magically it
worked :-)
but I have some quetions

On יום שלישי 24/7/2007, you wrote:
> Hi Sagiv!
>
> First of all, let me note that I found it difficult to understand your
> message, due to many formatting problems. Secondly, it would be useful if
> you could provide a complete example that fully reproduces the problem,
> rather than an incomplete snippet.

Sorry

> >    ||$logger->warn(__LINE__,"could not create file handle of '$k': $! -
> >    || ".
> >
> > $q->cgi_error);
> > $logger->debug(__LINE__, "upload_files: upload info:".Dumper
> > $q->uploadInfo($upload_filehandle));
> >
> > open UPLOADFILE, ">$UPLOAD_DIR/$filename_to_write" or
>
> I see several problems here:
>
> 1. You used a glob instead of a lexical filehandle.
>
> 2. Due to #1 you didn't perldoc -f local the glob, which may also cause
> problems.

thanks and thanks

> 3. $UPLOAD_DIR starts with a capital letter.

what is wrong with that? I write configuration variables   in capital letters.
> 4. You used open $fh, ">$path" instead of the safer open $fh, ">", $path.

thanks - could you please explain why it is it safer ?

> 5. Does $filename_to_write assure that there are no collisions?
Yes, it is a unique.

Regards Sagiv