[Israel.pm] RIP sites with perl

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 01:07:52 PDT 2007

On 7/22/07, Chanan Berler wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to RIP a secured site found in the net.
> Currently i used wget -r command i have installed on my comp
> (i got winXP). But i am looking to do the same using perl.
> Q1: is there a package / module i can use to RIP sites?

Try LWP - http://search.cpan.org/dist/libwww-perl/
For a simple interface, see the LWP::Simple module.

> Q2: if i am looking to RIP only the images / docs from that site
>       is there a way to do it better then using wget A.jpg -r -c "url"

I'm certain you could hack something together using LWP, but I've no
direct experience with this. Google Code Search gave me this script,
which looks promising:

Finally, if you want to continue using wget from within Perl, you
could always use:

Offer Kaye