[Israel.pm] Delegation in Moose and Other Delegation Modules

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sat Jul 21 06:12:43 PDT 2007

Hi all!

We discussed delegation in Perl and other languages here before:

http://perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2007-January/thread.html#8390

As I discovered Moose has a delagation mechanism called "handles":

http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/Moose/Moose.html#i_handles_gt_ARRAY_HASH_REGEXP_ROLE_

You can pass to an accessor an array of method names and it will install
delegates for each one. Or you can pass a hash ref and it will map from
locally-installed names to the original names.

What I did for this in my code is:

<<<<<<<<
    handles =>
    {
        qw(curr_line next_line with_curr_line)
    },

After more investigation, I also found more modules for delegation on CPAN.
Like:

http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/Class-Delegator/Class/Delegator.html

See also:

http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/Class-Delegator/Class/Delegator.html#see_also