[Israel.pm] Include files in Perl dist.

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sun Jul 8 01:21:33 PDT 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007, Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> [...]

No. As a module writer, you can assume that they exist on the target machine.
It's just that if someone installs his distribution's perl, and expects to
only install CPAN distributions from the distribution's native packages
(.rpm/.deb/etc.), then he may not need them. In that case, he won't be able
to compile such CPAN modules on his own.

> And if they should exists, where are they? (in the Config hash)

As far as I know, you don't have to worry about that. That is something that
ExtUtils::MakeMaker or Module::Build should do for you, by appending the
appropriate "-I" flags to the compiler.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

    -- An Israeli Linuxer