[Israel.pm] Include files in Perl dist.

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Jul 6 10:24:15 PDT 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007, Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> Hello There.
>
> An extention that I'm writing needs three include files:
> EXTERN.h, perl.h and XSUB.h
>
> In the ActiveState distributions that's not a problem. the files exists
> in <perl>/lib/CORE.
> But when I tried to compile it on Linux, I could not find EXTERN.h and
> XSUB.h.

You need to install the appropriate package like perl-devel or whatever.

> Are there files that must to be in Perl dist.?

These files are part of the core perl5 distribution. The distribution may put
them under a different package than the perl5 bare essentials.

> If not, is it safe to move those include files from one platform
> another?

Please do not include these files in your CPAN distribution. Install the
appropriate (Linux distro's) package for that or build your own custom Perl
or whatever. It is expected that these headers will be installed on your
system when building a module.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

    -- An Israeli Linuxer