[Israel.pm] tag clouds, folksonomy,

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 07:35:42 PDT 2007

On 7/3/07, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK so I can put a CAPTCHA on the registration form and reduce the likelyness
> to spam it. (Though I have another very good system to avoid spam on
> CPAN::Forum:
> it requires sort-of XHTML markup that noone knows how to write :-( )

I personally against CAPTCHA, I find it many time unreadable, while
OCR can simply "understand" it...
I personally using Turing questions, that is a question that can only
have one answer, for example, "what direction is the opposite of
left" or "does one plus two not equal three ?"

You can have a big question bank (It took me to create several
Hondurans questions in 3 hours.. but if many people helps you, you can
create even more).

> Still I need to decide on how to update tags and how to - maybe -
> reduce mistakes?
>
> I though any logged in user will be able to set tags on every module.
> Then we can list modules under the same tag

> I can list the existing tags on a module and let anyone edit them.
> People migh - by mistake - delete some tags. Should it be somehow under
> version control or what?

Why not save every tag for a specific user that using it that is like
del.iciu.us  ?
When there are are many people that using the same tag, you can make
it bigger ...

> Shall I give a simple text input to list all the tags or shall I give
> also a drop-down list
> of all the existing tags?

I would recommend to edit the visible tags only ... or a specific
screen with list box and edit box to edit selected tags.

> Case sensitivity of tags?

I think it's a good idea, then you will not have double tags for every subject.

http://ik.homelinux.org/