[Israel.pm] An OOP Pattern Discovered by Accident

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 05:08:18 PST 2007

On 1/28/07, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well, there's a difference between automated refactoring and automated code
> > > generation, which is what you've mentioned before.
> >
> > Nitpicking.
> >
> > >  You can automatically
> > > generate Perl code if that's what you need,
> >
> > Not conveniently - Eclipse writes core for me on the fly as I'm
> > programming. I suspect that when you say that I can "generate perl code"
> > is that I write some other code to generate more code - during compile
> > or during runtime (like you showed in your previous e-mail), while I'm
> > looking for something more.. how shall I say it... ehmm... automatic.
> > Hey! that's the word I used before, I appear to be repeating myself :-(
>
> Sorry Shlmoif, but I have a small question, what is the difference
> between what Shlmif wish to have and between using RTTI based solution
> such as: http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/typinfo/index.html ?

Well, this message is a response to Oded's email and yet you adderssed
him (or me) as "Shlomif" and then used "Shlomif" as a reference to a
different person. For the record, I dislike being addressed as
"Shlomif" in Second Person (but third person is OK for brevity), and
prefer "Shlomi".  But who did you refer to in both cases?

Back to our subject: is there a good way to implement such delegated
methods in Delphi/Free Pascal without having to resort to duplicate
code at run-time or compile-time?