[Israel.pm] Is there a lack of (good) Perl programmers?

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 07:16:45 PST 2007

> I personally hardly know any companies where Perl is used for large
> things but even
> some of those want to switch. Partially because they don't find good Perl
> programmers.

I can't really answer your question, because i  don't know the market
well enough and i don't have good comparisons of Perl and Java in
terms of performance, which Dov cited as a problem.

However i am curious about the "want to switch" part.

Are there companies that want to switch from Java / C++ / .NET to
Perl? You don't have to name names if it's a secret, but can you
describe their considerations? Why are they considering switching?

Also, what do you mean by *good* Perl programmers?

--
Amir E. Aharoni