[Israel.pm] Perl Workshop

Gabor Szabo gabor at pti.co.il
Sat Dec 15 01:56:54 PST 2007

Now that the list works again let me remind you that the Perl Workshop
is going to take place on 31 December.

We have the list of talks ready http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2007/talks

I am still looking for people for a few lightening talks, so if you have
something interesting to say in 5 minutes, please submit your idea(s).

I am also looking for people to setup "Project showcases".
The idea is that we can provide a table with electricity and allocate an
hour when people can mix and mingle AND can look at the project you would like
to show.
It the academic world there is something called poster section where people
can hang a poster describing their work and visitors can come by and ask questions.
The idea is the same, just I guess instead of a poster you'll bring a computer
and show your stuff on that.

This can be a good opportunity to get some people use your module or your application
or even to get them involved in the development.

Of course instead of a solution you can present a problem that you would like to solve
and try to get help from the passer bys.

In the end it is a good tool to get others start to talk to you...

Gabor
http://act.perl.org.il/ilpw2007/