[Israel.pm] Starting XML

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Thu Dec 13 23:54:49 PST 2007

There was a related thread here just recently. A summary of the answers:

XML::Simple is what it says, but you might outgrow it very quickly.
XML::LibXML is a Perl binding to the industry-grade c libxml2.
XML::Twig is an alternative, read the tutorial before trying to use it.

Ruby: rexml
Python: xml.dom or xml.sax

I should also mention that XPath is worth at least knowing about.
One-line summary, it's a regexp-like language for querying XML
elements. A great tutorial with examples is here:

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XPathTutorial/General/examples.html

Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/