[Israel.pm] Starting XML

Jason Elbaum jason.elbaum at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 02:18:54 PST 2007

I don't know much about XML beyond the basics, but I'd like to be able
to read some relatively small XML files and extract elements of the
contents. (I'm still working out what to do with them next. Maybe
build a database.)

What's the simplest way to do that? Just about everything XML-related
I find on the web starts with chapters full of definitions,
specifications and acronyms. There must be a better way.

I don't need to write XML files, or to validate them, or to edit them.
Though browsing them and pretty-printing them may come in handy.

(If it's not Perlish, I don't mind. Whichever language does it best.)

Thanks,

Jason Elbaum