[Israel.pm] convert perl to exe

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Mon Aug 20 01:47:39 PDT 2007

I've had good experience with ActiveState's PerlDevKit[1] which includes
a .exe packaging tool.  It costs money, though.

If I recall correctly, it packages a the perl binary with any needed
modules (and your script, of course) and on execution, extracts
everything to your temp dir, runs the script, and cleans up.  It's more
intended as a standalone packaging solution and not optimized or
obfuscated code, AFAIK.

  Issac

[1] http://www.activestate.com/Products/perl_dev_kit/deploy.plex