[Israel.pm] Meeting Report for Last Meeting is now Online

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Aug 16 08:20:23 PDT 2007

See:

http://www.perl.org.il/meetings/2007/20070814.html

I should note that when Gabor briefly covered Subversion he said he tried to
send a patch there, but they told him the whitespace was wrong. I should note
that I submitted several patches to Subversion their incorporation was also
delayed until I fixed the indentation, trailing whitespace, or whatever. They
are pedenatic, but it is possible to submit patches there. And as evidence:

http://www.red-bean.com/svnproject/contribulyzer/detail/shlomif.html

So don't take their pedanticness personally - they do it for everybody.

I should also note that someone here keeps suggesting git or GNU Arch[1] when
someone mentions Subversion. I suggest him to stop, because it's becoming
annoying and because it's a case of the "Use qmail instead" syndrome:

http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/web/use-qmail-instead/

[1] - for the record, as far as I know GNU Arch is now unmaintained, and
further development now continues in Bazaar (bzr - formerly Bazaar-NG), which
is not compatible with it but similar.

See:

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Apps/scm.html#gnuarch

for more information.