[Israel.pm] PERL5LIB and CPAN installations

Yossi Itzkovich Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com
Mon Aug 6 22:57:21 PDT 2007

Hi again,

When I run (in CPAN's shell) "o conf init" I get this question:
 "
The next questions deal with Module::Build support.

A Build.PL is run by perl in a separate process. Likewise we run
'./Build' and './Build install' in separate processes. If you have any
parameters you want to pass to the calls, please specify them here.

Parameters for the 'perl Build.PL' command?
Typical frequently used settings:

    --install_base /home/xxx             # different installation
directory
"

Should I set it similar to PREFIX  ?  And what about LIB? According to
Module::Build documentation it looks like I have to overide lib and arch
too to get the same effect?

Yossi