[Israel.pm] PERL5LIB and CPAN installations

Yossi Itzkovich Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com
Mon Aug 6 21:40:58 PDT 2007

Hi,

I work on Solaris, and untill I used the Solaris 10 built in perl 5.8.4
I had no problems installing and using CPAN modules, and always my
PERL5LIB pointed to ~/perl  (or was it ~/perl/lib ? I don't remember).
In the CPAN config file I also used PREFIX as ~/perl.

Now, and I am not sure if it's the newer CPAN module, or the built in
perl 5.8.4, I have to define PERL5LIB  as something similar to :

~/perl:~/perl/lib:~/perl/sun4-solaris-64int:~/perl/site_perl:~/perl/lib_
site_perl

In order to use new modules I install.  Why ?