[Israel.pm] israel.pm meeting on 12/4/2007

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Apr 6 11:50:20 PDT 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007, Yona Shlomo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The israel.pm meeting for April 2007 will take place on
> Thursday, 12/4/2007 at 18:30.
>
> As usual we have interesting talks. This time:
>
> Shmuel Fomberg will teach us what it takes to be able to
> incorporate Perl code into your C project, i.e., writing
> Perl in a C program.
>
> Yuval Yaari will give us an introdction to the Perl Regular
> expressions.
>

> Location: F5 Networks offices in Ramat HaChayal: HaBarzel
> 24b, Tel-Aviv. Entrance Floor (just follow the red circle
> signes with F5 on them)...
>
> Don't be late!
>
> Talks will start at 18:30 sharp (or as it turns out... no
> later than 19:00).

Hi Shlomo!

Would you or any other F5er would like to update the site directly? I'm
getting tired of doing it, and want to delegate some responsibilities to
people with less community involvement.

A similar issue is publicising in time in Perl-IL, Linux-IL, Whatsup,
Linmagazine, which I'd also like to delegate. The previous meeting had very
little attendance due to an incredibly low publicity. Everyone dependended on
me, and I thought it was unnecessary. (my mistake, I know, but at least we've
learned from this experience).

And please don't tell me you don't have time - if you don't have time, then
either you're working too much, and that means you're under-productive and
actually achieve less than working for sane hours.

I would also appreciate a bit more transparency in the decision of what to
give. For example, I can give a presentation about the Joel Test:

http://www.shlomifish.org/lecture/joel-test/

I already gave it to Python-IL. There was a low attendance (because it was a
last minute meeting and because it was in the winter), but it was fun, and
sparked some interesting discussions. I'll be happy if a more able lecturer
can give this talk instead of me.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

    -- An Israeli Linuxer