[Israel.pm] music

Uri Bruck bruck at actcom.net.il
Fri Apr 6 07:06:33 PDT 2007

Amir E. Aharoni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may or may not be related to Perl ...
>
> I'm playing in a band and we are trying to write down our songs in a
> simple way which the whole band would understand. I'm not talking
> necessarily about musical notation, but more about a simple tab-like
> representation of parts which every instrument plays.
Any sequencing program with a piano-roll view, which is almost any
sequencing programs.
If you're specifically looking for perl solutions there are quite a few
modules that convert between MIDI and text, and between MIDI and XML
representations:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/MIDI-XML/
http://backpan.perl.org/authors/id/B/BM/BMAMES/MIDI-XML-0.02.readme

--