[Israel.pm] [OT] Snort anyone?

Yona Shlomo yona at cs.technion.ac.il
Thu Sep 28 08:11:31 PDT 2006

Hello,

This is off topic to Perl, but due to the pattern-matching
relevance and due to the capable people on the list, I'd
like to ask anyway:

I'm trying to evaluate the Snort pattern matching engine
detached from its packet layer. What I'm most interested in
is being able to get an interface to the pattern matching
engine in a way that will enable me to feed it (as a C
library) with HTTP requests/responses, and not using the
current design where I have to use either pcap or iptables
and work with packets.

Help? Ideas? Links? (the snort community on their site was
not very useful for getting information about this... nor
was their documentation).

Thanks.

--
Shlomo Yona