[Israel.pm] Talk suggestion: Deadlock detection

Sagiv Barhoom sagivba at 012.net.il
Thu Sep 14 12:28:51 PDT 2006

OK :-)

 [OT]
this reminded me somthing:
As a biologist, a physicist, and a statistician are riding on a train through
Wisconsin, they pass a herd of cows, one of which is completely white. "Oh
look, there are white cows in Wisconsin," says the biologist. "You mean,"
says the physicist with an air of superiority, "there is at least one white
cow in Wisconsin." "No," says the statistician, "there is at least one cow in
Wisconsin that's white on at least one side!"

Sagiv
On Thursday 14/9/2006 22:07, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> On 9/14/06, Sagiv Barhoom <sagivba at 012.net.il> wrote:> Wow!!!> Thats sound
> great> But please amke it more perlish and less algo sinnce I think
> everyone learned> this in the university. 1. Not everyone went to
> university.
> 2. Not everyone who went to university went to CS.
> 3. Not everyone who went to study CS leared about that.
> Regards,
>         Shlomi Fish
>
> > Regards Sagiv>>> On Thursday 14/9/2006 17:26, Yona Shlomo wrote:> >
> > Hello,> >> > A talk proposal:> >> > * What is a deadlock> > * Examples> >
> > * A formal modeling of the deadlock problem> > * A formal solution for
> > the deadlock problem> > * issues> > * discussion on how to implement
> > deadlock detection in Perl in a> > transparent way for the Perl
> > programmer> >> >> > Anyone interested?> > I can give this in the November
> > meeting of israel.pm.> >> > Additional suggestions:> >> > * I also have
> > thoughts about automatic race detection> > techniques that can be
> > incorporated into Perl in addition to> > techniques for automatic
> > deadlock detection. So this can> > also be an interesting talk subject,
> > though the theory there> > will be heavier.> >> > * Another possible talk
> > subject is to discuss garbage> > collection algorithms that can be
> > applied to Perl in order> > to replace its reference count algorithm.>>
> > --> שמיים כחולים אוויר צח> שגיב>>

שמיים כחולים אוויר צח
שגיב